Entrepreneurship is much more than creating business plans and working on product deployments. From the inception of the first idea to seeing through smooth operations, there are a myriad of nuances that need taking care of. From a leadership perspective, it may be quite a mix when you realize that marketing your product is a vital phase that will get you closer to prospects than just having interesting demos. Rather than paying attention to just one aspect, building hype in the market is an essential rite of passage for most startups and corporations.
However, if you’re a tech company selling SaaS products, this becomes even more imperative. Since your audience may be B2B, marketing strategies may not suffice. The tech industry is constantly being flooded with unique platforms and products that may make it difficult to grab attention through just digital marketing. This is why PR activities are a game-changer for SaaS companies. If you’re wondering how you can promote your SaaS business’s PR, mentioned below are 8 excellent strategies that can have you in the right light.
- Host or attend informational webinars: One of the best ways to garner attention to your organization and its SaaS product is by attending a webinar launched by reputed brands and channels. Here, you get a chance to showcase your thought leadership and product knowledge in the subject matter that pertains to your industry. In return, people who gain significant knowledge may feel called to explore your brand and reach out to you for further opportunities. If you have the traction, you can also host a webinar and invite prominent parties so they can help you create a substantial influence on the attendees.
- Participate in Clubhouse conversations: One of the best ways for developers and tech experts to gain visibility is by taking part in Clubhouse chats. This platform is an amazing and new medium to take conversational chat mode, especially if you wish to collaborate with influencers. You can interact with fellow enthusiasts, business leaders, and individuals by answering complex questions and queries. This also boosts the reputation of the brand through its representatives that may come off as highly resourceful and approachable. Have your team available on Clubhouse to make sure that your response times are not delayed and get all the essential information regarding out there to generate curiosity among the members to promote it further.
- Network in social groups: One of the best ways to get the word out about your product is by following the SaaS PR guide and networking as much as possible. Choose one or more networking platforms and events to start with. You can also go to social groups where like-minded entrepreneurs and business spokespersons gather to discuss the latest developments. Socializing is one of the best ways to be in the know of the newest trends, thus allowing you to pick up on any feedback regarding your SaaS product. This also creates an open channel for you to interact with B2B clients who can tell you the challenges they face in business to create bespoke solutions.
- Release a podcast: If you’re comfortable creating an audio channel full of valuable and unique insights, a podcast is the best bet for you. Today, every major and upcoming business has either a video tutorial channel or a podcast to reach a wider section of the audience. Creating a series of educational or tech trends-based shows is very simple to create and stream today. You can also invite other notable podcasters to your show and make a guest appearance on someone else’s to create a better fan following.
- Deploy industry studies and reports: How can a new SaaS company establish market dominion in the quickest possible timeline? Creating thought leadership in the market through surveys, industry studies, and detailed reports is not only fruitful for PR, but also for prospects. When you have valuable information that no other industry leader has worked on researching, it can get you cited in journals, papers, and articles. All of these can bring you a positive reputation in the market, generating brand interest.
- Send out regular press releases: Your stakeholders, customers, and investors always would want to be in the know of the latest developments in the company. Make sure to keep them informed by releasing regular press notes that cover newer functionalities, specs, and other such news to stay relevant.
Once you go over the tips discussed above, it is easy to see why these may get you closer to prospective investors and clients. Though the tech industry has some niche exclusivity to it, PR activities can help get the word out there!