Email marketing, pay-per-click (PPC) advertising, search engine optimization (SEO), social media. As a marketer, you most likely use these as well as other channels day in and day out.
More often than not, marketers use these channels individually—which is fine. However, savvy veterans know that maximizing their digital marketing investments means combining the powers of multiple channels.
Email marketing and social media are two channels you can combine for effective results.
Benefits of integrating email marketing and social media include:
- Increased traffic to your website
- Better engagement with your audience
- Stronger relationships between your brand and your customers
- Much improved ROI through strategic campaigns
With a global user base of 2.56 billion, social media is definitely a platform you can use to encourage people to join your email list. Here are the most effective ways you can combine the two channels:
- Use social media to gain permission from your new subscribers.
- You can try retargeting ads on social media networks, like Facebook and Twitter, to your email subscribers.
- Give subscribers the opportunity to spread the word about your brand by adding social media sharing buttons to your emails.
- Sync your email marketing and social media calendars.
Want to know more about how you can merge two of today’s most effective digital marketing channels? Check out Campaign Monitor’s infographic.